Any day is the perfect time to ask yourself that question. You also might want to copy this test and give it to your co-workers. Safe workers protect not only themselves but everyone around them.
Answer “Yes” or “No” to the following. Do you:
- Treat safety as a very important job responsibility?
- Plan each job before you start, and anticipate potential hazards?
- Wear assigned personal protective equipment?
- Understand the hazards of the job?
- Use labels, material safety data sheets, warning signs, etc., to get the information you need to work safely?
- Inspect tools and equipment before you use them?
- Follow safety rules while you work?
- Focus on your work and avoid distractions?
- Avoid taking shortcuts or fooling around on the job?
- Practice good housekeeping?
- Know what to do in an emergency?
- Ask questions when you’re unsure of what to do or how to do it?
- Work with a buddy when engaged in very hazardous tasks?
If you can’t honestly answer “Yes” to every question, you could be headed for an accident or an injury. Start today to make the safe choice every workday.