EHS trainers love online training because it is:
- Flexibile–trainees can study the materials at times that are most convenient for them.
- Self-pacing–trainees can go back and review the material as often as needed in order to understand it.
- Standardized–all employees view the same materials each time.
Despairing ever getting your employees trained? It isn’t easy to fit it in—schedule-wise or budget-wise—but now there’s the Environmental Compliance Library from Employee Training Center. Train all your people, at their convenience, 24/7. Start Your Free Trial
Five tips for making the most of Web-based training (WBT):
- Review online programs in advance, determine their strengths and weaknesses, and make sure they complement, rather than conflict with, the rest of your program.
- Don’t assume everyone is comfortable with computers and the Internet. Hold an orientation before starting online training sessions to make sure that everyone understands what to do and what is expected.
- Find ways to test for comprehension. Viewing material online does not guarantee understanding. Use short quizzes to make sure the message has gotten though.
- After employees have finished their WBT session, review the same material during an in-person session.
- Don’t forget to document online training; have employees sign a statement to the effect that they have viewed the assigned online material, or use an effective electronic training tracker.
Train on demand with Employee Training Center. Register today to start your FREE trial and get instant access to over 20 environmental compliance courses. Start Your Free Trial
By itself, however, online training might not be enough. It can be a highly effective part of a blended safety training program that might also include in-person presentations and demonstrations.
And when it comes to training–your overall focus is the learning outcome, not the method of delivery. Your goal is to provide the information employees need to protect their health and the environment and prevent accidents and injuries. Using blended learning concepts can be an effective tool for achieving this goal.
Training To Engage Learners
Unlike many training solutions available on the market today, BLR’s Employee Training Center courses are highly engaging and interactive. They are also routinely reviewed and updated to reflect changes in federal regulations or best practices. Each training course is developed by BLR lawyers, industry experts, and instructional designers who have experience across a wealth of industries, topics, and compliance areas.
Courses keep participants interested with engaging audio, built-in exercises, and key points to remember. At the completion of every course, individuals take a quiz designed to test for competency in all the course material presented. Quiz results and course completion times are automatically recorded.
Every course can be tailored with supporting and custom documents. BLR provides supporting documents for courses that include complete slide show notes and the answer key for the included quiz. As the administrator, you have the option of displaying uploaded documents and requiring review before the session begins. This is especially useful for company policies or worksite-specific information. Supporting materials can be added, edited, or removed at any time.
With only a few minutes’ setup, you company will have a complete Web-based training program with professionally developed courses, employee testing capabilities, and systematic documentation of employee training sessions and scores. And remember, BLR Employee Training Center courses can be delivered at individual employee desks, in computer centers, at training kiosks, or even in a classroom.
No wonder BLR Employee Training Center was named "Best Workforce Training Solution" by the Software Information Industry Association. It can help you launch a cost-effective and successful employee training program.
We urge you to sign up for a no-obligation demo by visiting the award-winning Employee Training Center. Or, feel free to call our customer service people toll-free at 866-696-4827.