Does your safety management program meet all these criteria? It should.
- Develop policies that provide clear priorities for safety and health?
- Consider safety and health to be a line rather than a staff function?
- Follow safety and health rules personally, leading by example?
- Delegate authority to those with assigned safety responsibilities?
- Allocate resources to support the safety and health systems?
- Ensure that appropriate safety and health training is provided?
- Support fair and effective policies that promote safety and health performance?
- Place value on employee involvement and participation in safety and health issues?
Do you develop effective means to involve employees in safety and health issues and actively involve employees in:
- Organizational decision making regarding safety and health policy?
- Organizational decision making regarding safety and health resource allocation?
- Organizational decision making regarding safety and health training?
- Hazard detection activities?
- Hazard prevention and control activities?
- The safety and health training of co-workers?
Administration and Supervision
- Assign safety and health responsibilities to individuals or positions?
- Clearly communicate to those responsible?
- Have an accountability mechanism in place for each assignment of responsibility?
- Ensure persons with assigned responsibilities have the knowledge and ability to do the job?
- Ensure persons with assigned responsibilities have the authority to do the job?
- Ensure persons with assigned responsibilities have the resources to do the job?
- Ensure company policies promote performance of safety and health responsibilities?
- Achieve correction of non-performance of safety and health responsibilities?
Think you have no time to train? Think again. BLR’s 7-Minute Safety Trainer helps you fulfill key OSHA-required training tasks in as little as 7 minutes. Try it at no cost and see!
Planning and Evaluation
Do you have effective systems in place to provide for:
- Workplace injury/illness analysis?
- Hazard incidence analysis?
- Setting and evaluating goals and objectives for safety and health?
- Action planning to accomplish goals?
- Comprehensive review of safety and health management system?
- Thorough review of OSHA mandated programs?
Do you provide:
- Appropriate safety and health training for employees?
- Initial orientation that covers applicable safety and health information?
- Appropriate safety and health training for supervisors?
- Supervisory training covering supervisory aspects of safety and health responsibilities?
- Appropriate safety and health training for managers?
- Management training that covers relevant safety and health management aspects?
Hazard Anticipation and Detection
Do you have effective policies, plans, or procedures for:
- Baseline hazard surveys of safety and health conditions?
- Regular self-inspections covering the entire facility?
- Conducting surveillance of established hazard controls?
- Hazard reporting?
- Change analysis of new or changed facilities, equipment, materials, or processes?
- Accident investigation to determine root causes?
- Understanding SDS usage relating to potential chemical hazards in the workplace?
- Conducting job hazard analysis, job safety analysis, or phase hazard analysis?
- Having expert hazard analysis conducted periodically?
- Incident investigation to determine root cause?
Hazard Prevention and Control
Have you implemented:
- Feasible engineering controls where possible?
- Effective safety and health rules in place and understood by the workforce?
- All applicable OSHA mandated programs?
- PPE usage procedures?
- Good housekeeping procedures?
- Emergency action plans?
- Emergency medical plans?
- Effective preventive maintenance procedures?
- Tracking procedures for hazard correction?
Effective, 7-minute sessions providing comprehensive safety training at an average cost of $1 a day. Get the details.
E-Z Training at a Phenomenal Price
To help train employees in a broad range of safety and health topics, savvy safety professionals have for years relied on the BLR 7-Minute Safety Trainer. This essential training resource allows you to provide concise, memorable training easily and effectively in just a few minutes. Materials are ready-to-use, and each session supplies a detailed trainer’s outline as well as a handout, quiz, and quiz answers to get your points across quickly—and cost-effectively.
All told, this "trainer’s bible" contains 50 prewritten meetings covering almost every aspect of safety you’d want or need to train on, in a format designed to be taught in as little as 7 minutes. Major topics include:
- Confined spaces
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety and emergency response
- Machine guarding and lockout/tagout
- Material handling
- PPE use and care
- Housekeeping/slips, trips, and falls
- and dozens more
Just make as many copies as you need of the included handouts and quizzes, and you’re ready to train.
Equally important is that the program ships new meetings every quarter to respond to new and changed regulations. This service is included in the program price, which averages just over $1 a working day. In fact, this is one of BLR’s most popular safety programs.
If you’d like to personally evaluate 7-Minute Safety Trainer and see how it can build safety awareness, we’ll be happy to send it to you for 30 days on a no-cost, no-obligation trial basis. Just let us know, and we’ll arrange it.