Traffic crashes cost employers more than $47 billion annually. Keep reading for information about a safe driving campaign that can help you raise awareness and reduce incidents.
The Network of Employers for Traffic (NETS) has designated October 3-7 as its annual Drive Safely Work Week. This year’s campaign is “Drowsy, Distracted or Focused—Your Decisions Drive Your Safety.” NETS offers a free toolkit at http://www.trafficsafety.org to help employers plan and execute their campaigns. It includes facts and tips, graphics, and activities tailored for each day of the week.
The 2016 initiative focuses on the following areas of emphasis:
- The role of sleep in daily performance;
- Signs and risk factors of drowsy driving;
- Driving behaviors that contribute to crashes;
- Dangers of mobile device use behind the wheel; and
- Making the case for slowing down and buckling up.