The Secretary of Commerce invites membership nominations to the ETTAC’s 2020-2022 charter term of U.S. citizens who will represent U.S. environmental goods and services companies that trade internationally, or trade associations and non-profit organizations whose members include U.S. companies that trade internationally. The official Federal Register Notice can be found here.
Candidates should be senior executive-level representatives from U.S. environmental technology companies, trade associations, and non-profit organizations. Members of the ETTAC must have experience in the exportation of environmental goods and/or services, including:
- Air pollution control and monitoring technologies;
- Analytic devices and services;
- Environmental engineering and consulting services;
- Financial services relevant to the environmental sector;
- Process and pollution prevention technologies;
- Solid and hazardous waste management technologies; and/or
- Water and wastewater treatment technologies.
Interested applicants should refer to instructions in the Federal Register Notice for submitting applications to ETTAC Designated Federal Officer, Amy Kreps, at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2020. Application information includes:
- Work phone, fax, and email address
- Organization name and address, including website address
- Short biography of nominee, including written certification of U.S. citizenship (this may take form of the statement “I am a citizen of the United States”) and a list of citizenships of foreign countries
- Brief description of the organization and its business activities, including
- Company size (number of employees and annual sales)
- Exporting experience
- An affirmative statement that the nominee will be able to meet the expected time commitments of Committee work, which includes:
- attending in-person committee meetings approximately four times per year;
- undertaking additional work outside of full committee meetings including subcommittee conference calls or meetings as needed; and
- drafting or commenting on proposed recommendations to be evaluated at Committee meetings.