BRENTWOOD, TN (October 11, 2017)—The EHS Daily Advisor® today released new research, sponsored by ProntoForms®, into the effects of technology on the safety field in a report titled Safety Automation & Technology Trends: New Developments for 2017 and Beyond.
The 2017 Safety Automation & Technology Trends Survey launched in early July 2017 and was taken by over 450 environmental, health, and safety (EHS) professionals. The insights gleaned from the response pool show a strong necessity for efficient safety systems and illustrate how new technologies and automation possibilities are helping ease safety management challenges in the real world.
Highlights from the study include the following:
- 55% of survey participants have a safety information management or administration system implemented at their companies.
- 18% of those polled have a safety-related mobile application already deployed in the field.
- 63% use Excel® for analytics and reporting purposes, and 15% use a cloud-based analytics tool.
- 38% deem it “very important” to automate analysis to determine where preventive action would have the most impact, making this the #2 opportunity for automation among respondents.
- 67% of participants plan to deploy online safety training within the next year.
- In the course of planning for safety at their companies, 86% of respondents use safety data sheets (SDSs) as a risk assessment method.
“This new research report confirms there are large opportunities for mobile solution providers in the safety automation space,” says Alvaro Pombo, CEO of ProntoForms. “Automated mobile workflows are ideal solutions for companies who want to accelerate their efforts to improve safety processes for employees, customers, and the environment.”
To learn more about the latest in safety automation and technology trends, download the entire survey report HERE.
ProntoForms is a global leader in automating mobile workflows. The company’s platform is used to collect and analyze field data with smartphones and tablets, and offers a low total cost of ownership. The company’s 3,500 customers harness the intuitive, secure, and scalable solution to increase productivity, improve quality of service, and mitigate risks. ProntoForms has received a number of prominent industry awards, including the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 50, the 2016 CIX Public Top 20, the Ottawa Chamber of Commerce 2016 Employees’ Choice Award and 2016 Best Ottawa Business Award, and the 2015 Frost & Sullivan Competitive Strategy Innovation and Leadership Award for the Mobile Forms Industry
The company trades on the TSXV under the symbol PFM. ProntoForms is the registered trademark of ProntoForms Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of ProntoForms Corporation.