In fiscal year (FY) 2018, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) conducted a total of 32,023 inspections and cited U.S. employers with 63,363 violations and nearly $184 million in penalties. According to the Agency’s 2018 Enforcement Summary, over half (56 percent) of those inspections were unprogrammed, meaning they were conducted in response to an employee complaint, an imminent danger situation, an injury or fatality, or a referral.
FREE RESOURCE: Top 10 OSHA Violations for 2018
EHS Daily Advisor will help you:
- Save time
- Stay in the know
- Focus on "how to" data & information
- Act on credible and current advice
Benefits of EHS Daily Advisor Newsletters:
- News, Tips, & Best Practices: Keep on top of the latest news and trends in safety and environmental compliance.
- Webcasts: Join us for a free live or on-demand event. Get your questions answered by expert speakers. (Great opportunity if you need recertification credits!)
- EHS Surveys & Research: See how your peers are solving tough compliance issues and planning for the future. Add to the conversation and share your solutions.
- Expert Insight: Read articles from industry-leading editors on the past, present, and future of environmental, health, and safety compliance.
- Week in Review: Get a weekly recap of the most popular EHS news and free resources.