These three basics will help ensure that your HAZWOPER HASP is OSHA-compliant.
Incorporate adequate site-specific information in the plan. OSHA reports that the most consistent deficiency in health and safety plans (HASPs) is a lack of site-specificity in the plans. The HASP must be structured so that it integrates smoothly with those of the site’s coordinator or principal contractor and any applicable local, state, or federal emergency action plan. The up-to-date HASP must be readily available to all employees on the site. It must address the site’s organizational structure, lines of authority, accountability, and communication. It must also specify how the primary employer or site operator will inspect and evaluate the procedures to ensure that they are effective and if found to be ineffective, then how you, the primary employer, or site operator will make corrections.
Ensure that the person preparing the HASP is a qualified professional. Decisions about the content of the plan, especially site-specific issues, must be made by a qualified health and safety professional with practical hazardous waste site experience. The person developing the HASP should have the knowledge and skills necessary to identify and evaluate the range of hazards associated with hazardous waste site operations. This individual must also be qualified to identify the appropriate monitoring and exposure controls necessary for employee protection on the basis of the contaminants and other hazards anticipated on site. For example, only an individual with experience in evaluating potential air contaminants and choosing appropriate instrumentation should select air-monitoring equipment and identify site action limits.
Meet your OSHA-required 8-, 24-, or 40-hour HAZWOPER training requirements with a DVD that contains 17 customizable PowerPoint presentations and a manual training kit. Get the details.
Update the HASP whenever hazards or safety and health procedures change. Ongoing involvement of other safety and health personnel is also essential. Site conditions and work operations change over time; the health and safety procedures and HASP must be updated to address these changes as they occur. The involvement of qualified safety and health staff will ease the development and maintenance of the HASP and will help ensure the well-being of your employees.
Rely on the Highest Level of HAZWOPER Training
If you’re looking for high-quality, highly effective HAZWOPER training materials, you are looking for BLR’s HAZWOPER Training Program. This unique program includes 17 customizable PowerPoint training presentations on DVD, a 200+page HAZWOPER training manual with tests, handouts, and an electronic version on CD-ROM! The handy outline tells you exactly what to present and when to meet either the 8-,24, or 40-hour requirements!
With this program, you’ll:
- Meet the 8-, 24-, and 40-hour HAZWOPER training requirements. Combine this comprehensive library with hands-on training to meet the 40-hour HAZWOPER training requirements.
- Train new employees, or meet refresher training requirements without hiring expensive outside trainers.
- Save time and money with ready-to-use and accurate training materials.
- Ensure your training is effective. Employees will learn how to recognize, properly handle, and dispose of hazardous materials with this invaluable HAZWOPER safety training.
You won’t find a more thorough and effective course related to hazardous waste operations to help meet the employee training requirements of OSHA’s HAZWOPER regulation than BLR’s HAZWOPER Training Program. Find out more.
The DVD includes:
- Identifying Hazardous Materials
- Hazardous Waste Introductory Training
- Safe Chemical Handling
- Respiratory Protection
- HAZWOPER: On-Site Safety Considerations
- Hazardous Waste Emergency Response
- HAZWOPER Facility Operations
- HAZWOPER First Awareness Level
- HAZWOPER: Medical Surveillance Program
- Understanding Chemicals Under GHS
- PPE for Emergency Response
- HAZWOPER: Donning/Doffing/Decontamination
- Hazardous Materials Spill Cleanup
- Working Safely with Flammable Liquids
- Fire Extinguishers
- Emergency Action and Fire Prevention
- Hazard Communication and GHS: What Employees Need to Know
Your 100% satisfaction is guaranteed. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with HAZWOPER Training Program, simply let us know within 90 days, and we will issue you a complete refund. To find out how to order, click here.